Chinese tech giant Huawei has launched its new P10 and P10 PLUS smartphones in Singapore. The launch event, held at ION Orchard, also saw the appearance of special guest and famed shoe designer Datuk Professor Jimmy Choo, OBE.
Since the success of the P9 series launch last year, Huawei has gone on to make waves with its equally successful Mate 9 series. And like its predecessors, the new P10 and P10 PLUS is a combination of cutting-edge hardware and software advancements. Huawei partners with Leica once again to present an improved dual-camera Leica system in the new P series phones, which are the first smartphones to have an 8-megapixel Leica front camera.
“Building on the success of the P9 and Mate 9 series, we have co-engineered the new Huawei P10 and P10 PLUS to bring you the most advanced smartphone camera yet,” said Cheng Jiangfei, Head of Huawei Consumer Business Group, Singapore.
The P10 and P10 PLUS comes with an improved dual-camera system featuring a high resolution 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and a 12-megapixel colour sensor. The Optical Image Stabilisation technology allows high quality images to be taken in low light conditions. The new Leica SUMMILUX-H lenses with a larger F/1.8 aperture in the camera enables more light.
The new phones also feature the world’s first Hyper Diamond-Cut finishing, two new on-trend colours created together with Pantone and enhanced performance.
Key features include:
- HUAWEI P10: featuring Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 that incorporates artistic portrait enhancement technologies such as precise 3D facial detection, dynamic illumination, natural colour or monochrome bokeh, automated wide aperture effect, and HUAWEI Hybrid Zoom that allow macro close-up shots
- HUAWEI P10 Plus: featuring Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 Pro Edition. Featuring all the benefits of the HUAWEI P10 but incorporating new SUMMILUX-H Leica rear camera lenses with larger apertures for brighter photos
- A world’s first Leica front camera also featuring a new brighter sensor and larger aperture lens for outstanding self portraits
- Sturdy uni-body metal construction and available in trendy colours developed in conjunction with Pantone Color Institute™. Unique finishes on selected models with the industry’s first Hyper Diamond-Cut finishing that give a luxurious feel
- 4.5G-enabled HUAWEI P10 Plus featuring cutting-edge 4×4 LTE MIMO antenna system and 2×2 Wi-Fi MIMO antenna for amazing wi-fi performance
- A phone that stays fast even with continued use: advanced Kirin 960 processor, HUAWEI Ultra Memory and new EMUI 5.1 user interface
The HUAWEI P10 (S$798) will be available for sale at M1, Singtel, StarHub and all major electronic retail outlets from 1 April 2017 onwards.
The HUAWEI P10 Plus ($998) will be available on 15 April 2017. M1 customers may register their interest via M1 website on 1 April 2017, 10am. Singtel and StarHub customers may pre-order via www.singtelshop.com/huaweiP10Plus and www.starhub.com/huaweiP10Plus respectively on 12 April 2017, 12 noon. Pre-order fulfilment will take place starting from 14 April 2017.