The Asia 361 team is made up of a group who are passionate about writing and sharing what we know to the world. We are constantly on the lookout for writers, bloggers and photographers to join our global contributor network.
Our feature articles are not just limited to Asia. You are free to write about news from anywhere in the world. Show off that new café you discovered in your hometown. Give your review on that latest Hollywood blockbuster. Or, pen down your thoughts on your last travel destination.
If you’re an aspiring writer and want instant wide readership for your works, Asia 361 is for you. You’ll get your profile and photo featured – readers will be able to see that you’ve written the article, thus helping you to build up your writing portfolio.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Why should I contribute to Asia 361?
Most of our contributing writers write for one reason – passion. They simply love writing and are looking for a platform to share their stories. However, writing for Asia 361 does come with other perks:
- Invitations to VIP events: Every day, we receive invitations to media events organised by some of the most prestigious brands and companies. From music concerts to press conferences with celebrities to restaurant openings, our writers get access to the most exclusive events. You’ll also get to meet new people at these events and build up your network.
- Free trips/hotel stays: We regularly get invitations from tourism boards to go on sponsored trips. Hotel properties also invite our writers for staycations in exchange for a hotel review.
- Exposure and recognition: Have you ever spent hours writing an article on your blog, only to have a handful of people reading it? As a budding writer or blogger, this might be one of the frustrations you face. Writing for Asia 361 can help you get the exposure you need to a wide audience across Asia. We’ll also promote your article on social media like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We make sure you get the rightful recognition you deserve too. There’ll be no anonymous writing on Asia 361. You’ll get your byline, along with your profile being featured at the end of every article you write.
Q. How can I become an Asia 361 writer?
Simply drop an email to our Managing Editor, Katherine Goh at email: [email protected]. Do include the following details in your email:
- Educational background
- Your current job
- Writing and photography samples (e.g. link to your blog)
- Topics you’d like to write about
- Links to your social media accounts (e.g. Instagram, Twitter)
As we receive a lot of enquiries every day, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Q. Do you pay contributors/writers?
Most of our contributors write out of a love for writing or to gain more exposure for their works. While they write on a voluntary basis, our writers get other things in return. For example, they get to keep the product they review, a sponsored trip, free accommodation and other freebies. The majority of our feature articles are written without any monetary compensation from the brands or companies.
Q. Do I have to write regularly?
While we’d love to see regular contributions from you, we let our writers make their own schedule and set their own pace. You only write as often as you wish to. Some of our writers write once a month while there are others who write frequently at once a week or more.
However, if you have accepted an assignment from us, you’d have to submit your article within a set deadline mutually agreed between you and our managing editor.
Q. My article has been published before. Can I repost my article on Asia 361?
If your article has already been posted on your blog, we will not be able to republish your article as it is. This is due to the fact that Google gives a lower rating to sites with duplicate content. However, you can rewrite some portions of your original article for our consideration.
For articles that have been published in other publications, we will not be able to repost them due to copyright issues.