Nikon’s flagship DX-format dSLR camera, D500, is now available in Singapore. The DX-format camera packs a punch – it has the performance of the D5, encased in a more agile body.
Among some of the features the D500 shared with the D5 include the 153-point AF system, high-speed continuous shooting at about 10 frames per second and the support of 4K videos. The new EXPEED 5 image-processing engine also means higher quality images and videos. For those who are into low light shooting, you’ll be happy to learn that the ISO goes up to 51,200, expandable to Hi 5 (equivalent to ISO 164,000).
The D500 also features a touch-screen, tilting monitor and SnapBridge support, which enhances the value of your images via wifi with a smart device.
Here’s an overview of the primary features of the D500:
- Powerful 153-point AF achieves superior subject acquisition performance across a wide range of situations
- High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 10 fps for up to 200 shots (14-bit lossless compressed RAW)
- Unique benefits of a compact DX system — added agility in telephoto shooting
- 4K UHD video, suitable for professional productions
- New EXPEED 5 image-processing engine achieves sensitivity up to ISO 51200, expandable to Hi 5 (equivalent to ISO 1640000)
- Touch-screen, tilting 8-cm/3.2-in. high-resolution monitor ensures more comfortable shooting for professionals and advanced amateurs
- SnapBridge support lets you link with a smart device via Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi®
- WT-7/A/B/C Wireless Transmitter (optional) enables high-speed wired/wireless LAN communication
The recommended retail prices for the Nikon D500 is S$2,999 (body only), and S$3,999 (body + 16-80mm VR kit). For more information, visit the Nikon Singapore website.