It was an evening of tightly-contained excitement; the highly luxurious Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire just got upgraded with extra opulence and robustness.
Borneo Motors Singapore, official distributor of Toyota automobiles, promises that with the new 2.5 Dual VVT-i engine, this third generation of the flaghship MPVs will have improved handling, stability and ride comfort delivered by way of a superb blend of refined engine performance, prominent exteriors and interior refinements.
Known as “King of MPVs”, these two luxurious MPVs are the epitome of luxury and comfort. Each commands its own presence on the roads with their individualities represented by their unique chassis designs, look and feel. Especially advantageous for Singapore’s traffic conditions is the unique Stop-Start system to enhance fuel economy and quietness for the comfort of its passengers and driver. The system automatically shuts down and restarts the internal combustion engine when the vehicle is stationary. Basically, a happier and more economical drive, every time!
“Quieter”, “economical” and “more spacious” were the evening’s buzzwords. The newly developed rear suspension highlighted at this launch seems set to enhance the cabin’s quietness and rear seat comfort. Gate valves have been adopted as shock absorbers to reduce vibrations. The rear suspension arm allows the shock absorber to be placed in the middle of the arm for a compact design, resulting a more spacious cabin and cargo space. For the seasoned passenger, you know what it means – more legroom!
Among other fancy enhancements, the Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire come equipped with a 16-colour LED ceiling colour illumination system, allowing passengers to choose their preferred hues to influence the mood during the drive. It basically turns from a lux high-tea transport to a colourful disco ball of a party ride.
The MPVs may look like a true hulk of solid colour, but do not judge yet. The interior design truly sets itself apart from the competition. The elaborate workmanship of the interior stresses the quality of the materials and combines with sculpted metal surface and wood-grain ornamentation for a unique impression
Occupants in the second row are treated to a taste of comfort, as their seats come equipped with Captain and Ottoman seats for first-class luxury, swaddling the passengers with high-end trimmed leather for exceptional comfort.
If you never thought an MPV could be “safe”, you might want to reconsider that opinion. Let’s see the following list:
- 7 SRS airbags: For the driver, front passenger side, curtain and driver’s knee. Hey. That’s more pillows than my own bedroom!
- Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL): For all it is worth, in the event of a rear-end collision, the front seat occupant’s toroso will sink into the seat and the head and back will be restrained simultaneously, to help reduce impact to the front occupant’s back.
- Steering-assisted Vehicle Stability Control (S-VSC) system: ABS, TRC/TRAC, VSC, EPS. So many acronyms, but you already know all these! The vehicle will maintain excellent driving performance.
- Hill-start Assist Control: We have too many slopes in Singapore. Apply brakes for two seconds, the intelligent system will hold the vehicle and reduce rollback on a steep and/or slippery incline.
- Front and Rear sensor system: Your MPV basically uses ultrasonic sensors to detect an obstacle at the front corner and rear of the vehicle. An visual indicator and buzzer will alert the position of the vehicle and the proximity between the sensors and obstacle.
- LED cornering lamps: Toyota knows their MPVs are huge. Hence, separate light sources have been added to effectively guide driver’s line-of-sight and visibility of the vehicle for pedestrians.
The Toyota Alphard is available in the following exterior colours: White Pearl Crystal Shine, Luxury White Pearl Crystal Shine Glass Flakes (new), Silver Metallic, and Black.
The Toyota Vellfire is available in the following exterior colours: White Pearl Crystal Shine, Burning Black Crystal Shine Glass Flakes (new), Silver Metallic, and Black.